Sunday, May 25, 2008

Driving is not a job its a way of life

People say dang trucker as they pass us on the road.

And we say dang 4 wheeler to those that cut us off,

or race to pass us as their lane ends.

I really question the mentality of someone in a 4000 pound car that cuts in front of my

80,000 pound rig with only 1 car length or less of space.

Do they have a clue that I cant stop as fast as they can?

Do they realize that if I hit their rear end, they will either spin out and flip,or

worse,I will run right over their car and crush and kill them.

Thats my worst fear on the road.

I really question those that enter a 65 or 70 mile and hour freeway at 50-55 with a

cell phone in one hand and only one hand on the steering wheel.

Don't they realize that the law states they must enter at freeway speed or slow down

and let the traffic next to them pass.

When I honk my horn to warn them I cant get over, and its something the law says I don't have to do.

Dont they realize that simply pressing hard on their gas pedal will allow them to enter ahead of me.

Remember you have a 200-300 horsepower engine driving a 4000 pound car.

I have a 600 horsepower engine pulling 80,000 pounds.

Who do you think will move faster if they put the pedal to the metal.

I have to anticipate your style of driving both in my rig and on my harley, If I don't

want to be in a possible deadly accident.

Please help me do my job to get your groceries and your paper towels and your cereal.

Please give me the same respect you would give me on my motorcycle.

Please let us both live today.

Thank You

No comments:

investarms 50 cal black powder rifle

investarms  50 cal black powder rifle

hawkins rifle

hawkins rifle