Sunday, May 25, 2008

Watch out for state farm Insurance company

I have found State farm to be the king of bad faith when dealing with their own insured as well as 3rd party when their insured hits you.

These are direct examples of my dealings with State farm.

My home was broken into 3 times in a 6 month period in the early 1990's.

State farm asked me if I knew who robbed me, It was my belief that friends of my roommates had broken in, So I told state farm this in case they might have luck investigating and arresting them.

Instead State Farm clearly took the position that I was the cause of my home getting Robbed and refused to pay 2 of my 3 claims.

The only reason they paid my 3rd claim is I had removed all my roommates.

And even though I had replacement cost coverage. they only paid me the depreciated value on any and all items that were no longer made and therefore not replacable with like items.

Ie I paid a higher premium for nothing.

Then in 1996 their insured made a left turn in front of me and for 6 months State farm contended that I was at fault because I was able to jam my brakes on fast enough that their insured caught my front bumper with their rear bumper.

This case was resolved in small claims court 8 months later to my favor.

Every time I hear that slogan

LIKE A GOOD NEIGHBOR STATE FARM IS THERE

I mentally add TO BEND YOU OVER AND GIVE YOU THE SHAFT.

IN MY HEAD.

One of my best friends car was stolen, and the only reason he got a fair settlement is his father,a lawyer,called the adjustor and threatened a 1st party bad faith lawsuit.

Ie DEALING WITH STATE FARM WITHOUT AN ATTORNEY IS AN INVITATION TO BE SHAFTED.

Good Luck

No comments:

investarms 50 cal black powder rifle

investarms  50 cal black powder rifle

hawkins rifle

hawkins rifle